|High Altitude Barometers from Germany
These instruments are mounted in polished brass.
Wooden cabinet, stained and varnished
Full instructions in every box, with telephone number
of your closest weather station.
Barometers also available for altitudes
– same designs and prices
Special orders only
The factory for precision mechanic was founded in 1945 by aircraft engineer Kurt Fischer in a little village in the ore mountains named Drebach. Since that time experienced staff members have designed and created excellent instruments for measuring weather and climate. Precise instruments, well balanced up to the detail.
Our trade and aim is to combine solidness and best craftsmanship in precision engineering. Therefore we create instruments that are stable in value and give our products a reliability that lasts for generations.
The careful use of all resources and the use of environmentally friendly production processes are sustainable production the way we see ourselves.
From the Fischer Catalogue (their translation from German)
Weather station with thermometer,
high-altitude barometer and hygrometer.
Dimensions 310 x 150 mm. (Hangs horizontal)
Based on a discovery by Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)
Searching for a way to measure exact temperature, Galileo discovered this fascinating method. He placed several exactly weighted balls in a cylinder filled with a certain liquid. He found that the balls rose or fell according to the temperature. By this method, he was able to do determine the current temperature.
How it works
This thermometer works on principle that the density of a liquid changes as temperature varies.
Each of the glass balls is exactly weighted by partially filling them with liquid. When the temperature rises,
the liquid in the glass cylinder becomes less dense, and heavier balls sink slowly to the bottom.
How to read
Place thermometer on a flat surface.
The lowest temperature ball within the group at the top of the cylinder tells the current temperature.
- The lowest floating ball indicates the current temperature.
- If all the balls float to the top, the temperature is below the lowest floating ball.
- If all the balls sink, the temperature is above the highest ball.
Cylinder shape, Height 24cm
Boxed ~ Instructions included
- This product is not a toy; keep away from children.
- Contains paraffin oil. In case of breakage and contact with liquid contents, wash hands with soap and water.
- Do not ingest liquid. In case of ingestion, wash mouth with water and call a physical or your local poison control center.
- Use protective gloves to clean up spilled liquid and broken glass.